Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Good Die Young

I got some fun logging waves the other day at one of the souther atolls, no one out with just our crew on it. My log has terminal cancer and I don't expect here to live much longer. She has spent her whole life in the sun, in the back of my truck or out on the boat. She has made it through 13 different airports over the last 8 months, all with out a board bag or a single fixed ding. The nose has a massive crack that is only held together by tape, and the tail is so dinged up it is pretty much a diamond tail. The board has treated me well. It is the best log i've ridden. I am at a bit of a crossroads at the moment on what to do with her. Let her die slowly bit by bit, strip her of her glass and let the locals here in the Maldives use the foam to make a new board or take here back with me and store it under the house as a time capsule. Decisions decisions. - nick