Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ph.D


It's funny having a blog with someone 2500 miles a way. I love clicking on it to see something new. I read it hunched over the screen thinking it will get me closer to the action. Carl and I are definetly two differnt people. one spell checks the other doesn't (guess which one) One uses numbers and formulas, while one seems to wing it hoping for the best. Together its a pretty good duo. I remember the last time I was on the mainland sitting at carls house going through all the R and D photos he has done over the years. Pretty amazing. I had always heckled him for working at Arrow being a ghost shaper. See I always thought he could do it on his own, he has the skills. Going through all his fin reserch, composite boards, finless etc. it came to me. He has a PH.d in board building. You can see it when he shapes, but more so when start talking theorys of differnt designs and eras of boards. He is not a guy who built one finless then moved on, he built dozens, modifying and tweaking. He can foil the shit out of fins, and when you discuss a certin composits in surfboards, you see the mad scientist. Anyway I told him he should be posting some of his reserch. To him it's boring. In the past. But for me it something I never got that deep into. I was just a sander. I don't know where I am going with this, all I got is some pictures of doodles and some floatation devices. I just like colors and doodling, luckily someone on the team has some credintials.
-n

Here is a holiday mix CD from our friend Lan. She printed it up all nice in a little custom packaging. Notice the song selection. I wonder where the inspiration came from.


A high tech fin placing system in place. Developed by NASA and used in the glassing room.


Two Crows going green, recycling beer boxes for stencils.

A couple new boards for Surf Garage

"How to prevent a fire" a little doodled inspired by... well you know the story :)