Saturday, December 31, 2011

Stories from the road


    Nick's delighted. Somehow he's managed to procure a couple ambian, a vicodin and a supersized frosted pot brownie. Climbing into the car, he explains me his upcoming strategy. "The ambian and the vicodin are for the plane flight back, and the brownies for Malibu!" Right. As long as his heart dosn't stop on the plane flight back, I'm fine with it.
     Days later Somehow that plan has slipped my mind. Pulling into Malibu, Nick's starving. We didn't pick up any food since waking up from a hard night in Ventura. Scavenging around in the glovebox he's discovered breakfast. Pulling out a tupperware he peels back the lid revealing a delicious frosted brownie. With sprinkles.   I silently salivate. He's halfway through it when he stops suddenly. 
"This thing is probably pretty strong..."
He reflects on the individual that he procurred the brownie from. 
"He deals with some strong stuff..."
I nod in agreement. If I even touch it, it'll be a nibble. 
Fast forward 3 hours later. Nick finds me hiding in the car with a towl over my head.
Apparently even a nibble was a little too much for me. The seagulls started talking to me.
Nick digs out the remaining bit. Laughs something about never letting me touch the stuff again and wanders out into the parking lot. I take a nap. 

It's always an adventure on the road. <(") Carl