Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The First

I found these pics going through some old folders. These boards in the pictures are the first Color into color boards I did. Somehow I managed and email link to the lady who was incharge of getting surfboards made for the NFL Pro Bowl players to sign and auction off. One for each team. ChaaaChing. I doodled up a little drawing and got the gig. The scammer in me figured i would get a couple shaper friends of mine to shape the boards for free to get to be "apart" of this. So i did the colorwork, yelling to charlie for help as I nearly bothced the whole things. I wanted to do classic Pipe Single Fins with a big area for the signatures of the teams. Thinking it was a good idea I decided to do the two logos in resin. Opps. it was alot of work.
Anyway, the boards went for over 4k  each. I got not much out of that at all, well, I did get to meet the mayor.



Here is the Drawings of the idea I gave them. It is amazing what you can get away with sometimes if you just ask, or act like you know what your doing.



This was on NFL auction.com



Notice the selling Price? All the players from each team signed the boards.

This shot cracked me up. Here is me and my buddy Ant. We showed up to the press conference the mayor had for the pro bowl thingy. Fuck Ant and I got so baked on our way down to town. Two stoned ass kids who make boards heading to a NFL press conference. Notice the jacketts we were sporting? That was my lucky shirt for about 5 years after this shot.

We were cracking up in the elevator in this nice hotel trying to find the conference room. The hotel was real nice and had reflective gold siding in the elevator. We took one look at ourselves and started cracking up histaricolly. The doors opend, and as were crying lauging so hard we look to see everyone for the press conference was bunched infront of the elevator door trying to get in the doors the where it all was going down. Everyone went silent and looked at us.
"this is a private event sir"
"uh...."
"uh...."
"were the guys who made the boards"
the security guy went from dick to still a security gaurd.
"right this way then"
Were in.
Free lunch, schmooz with the mayor and give him some surfboard builder health care ideas. flirt with the cheerleader (if being really awekward is flirting)

it all went by in a moment but I will remember those first color into color boards I did forever.
-n

Anyway, the boards went for over 4k  each. I got not much out of that at all, well, I did get to meet the mayor.