Thursday, April 5, 2012

Halfway between here and there

Took a picture of this funky little Asym tail on my buddy Geoff's board. It was in for a change of fin boxes, and I was just stoked to see another one of these babies floating around. 

Couple Midranges finished up. Clean and easy. 


Alot of people ask me to explain the Midrange boards. I'm always drawing this little scale in the dust on my shaping room to explain where they fit in. The tail of a longboard is one of the most important parts for both noseriding and turning. So it plays a major roll in the overall design of the board, along with weight, rails and fin setup. Unfortunately though, going in either direction affects the other side of the spectrum in the opposite way. I feel like this graphic illustrates it a little better. I often show people where on this scale their board fits in and have them point to a number where they want to be. 

The surboard industry is probably one of the few places where you can take a photo of the floor and call it art. Love these two colors together... expect them to pop up on a board soon.

Also like these colors.  Logjam raffle board is looking sweet! -Carl