Friday, May 25, 2012

Back To It Take 2



Japan was awesome. After being side by side with Heather Brown and seeing the work ethic it takes to make it happen, I was pumped to get back to the shop and make some art. I had some pieces in the works unfinished and needed to get some paintings done for another art show: The Thin Line: Art and Design. Here is a new piece The Mini Simms Wins. This idea came to me after we realized how much easier it is to travel with a 5'2 rather than a 9'8 .


Here is "As Single as a Single Fin" #3




Here is a 4' x4' "I Like my Toes Hungover" #3 getting glossed. Ahhhhhh the smell of resin.





For some reason i ended up with spray paint in my hand. After little creativity action over the last week it was time to let go a bit.





A new Bonzer waiting to be glassed for Long Beach Surf Shop in Canada




The shaping bay. If the door is locked don't bother ;)





Carl is a machine. We were pounding beers in the airport in Japan trying to get enough booze in us to sleep on the plane. Unfortunatly he didnt get any sleep. We arrived in HNL and he seemed to be on mushrooms. We didnt have any left after Japan so I knew he was hurting. Sure enough the next morning after a jet lag sleep he busted out 2 days of solid work, shaping 9 boards. 






Greg here picking up 2 new paintings for his house. He is a rep and sells board bags, fins and all kinds of goodies. If you need a board bag with your next board let me know. He always has good deals :) -nick