Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Glossy Eyed

Last min is always the way to go. We had known about this art show for months, working on the piece for the show the last time I went back to Santa Cruz. We knew the dates, been checking flights. The founds to be used were circulating in the floating world of board building. The greens got to our hands and it was time to book a flight. Carl text me last night "when you thinking of coming". I have all my work planned for leaving thursday, but the ticket on that day has doubled since the last time I checked. "Ah, you got to leave tomorrow if you want to come". Shit. looks like I am leaving in 15 hours with 30 hours of work. Luckily you can sleep on the plane. Sometimes its the only place where my mind can relax. With a computer battery that holds no charge, the plane is the only place I can really not worry about the work I should be doing.
-n


Just thought I would throw this picture in real quick. I have been a surf guide in the Maldives the last 5 summers, making a lot of good friends over there. I leave my quiver and just about everything I own to the surfing crew. They are just so stoked on surfing and everything about it. Here is a pic Arjey just sent me of one of my old boards heading to the beach. All the boys share the boards, keeping everyone stoked.


Malia's board getting glossed. Ill be working on this thing till I jump in the car to the airport.


Toot's new mini simmions. getting the deck glossed.



My new 6'9 egg. It was a stock board to sell but I have always wanted one, and well, sometimes you just got to treat yourself. Right?


Our old friend Sarah Stewert's new board ready to be polished. I had a little crush on her in high school I got to admit ;)



Jason's new yard stick getting the deck glossed. This board is coming out so clean. Simple sugar mill cream. Small simple logos. Nice.
 I love our egg fin template. Smooth.