Thursday, February 9, 2012

Resin Resin Resin

We got four more boards coming out of the shop here pretty soon, been sanding away in the rain and wind.
Shop is still getting a "extreme makeover" as steve cleans up the old room and the surf shop keeps moving forward. The racks are full in the glassing room as John's, Pam, Sarah and Malia's boards are all approaching the glossing stage. Spending the day in the sand room is no easy task. I learned how to sand from legendary Charlie Walker who likes to block sand everything out. This means you get a piece of 40 grt and a piece of wood and use good old fashion elbow grease to get the boards flat. Its a lot of work, but there is something to be said about the energy put into a board and the life the board takes..... whoa, that sounds a bit hiipyish. I think I just like to get the boards flat.



The Broken up floors from the previous glassing room. You think we do a bit of color work?


I am getting my old art studio back in the mill, can't wait to start doing some other art out side the fumes.
The post are because the roof leaks. A little freestyle leak protection.



John Smith's board with a little Greg Noll infulence. I remember polishing Greg Noll's redwood boards when I was 17. He had them glassed at the Arrow factory and I was the polisher at the time. His son Jed was working there then as a shaper as well. I feel so lucky to have worked with those guys on boards.



Malia's new little fish. I love the white on black. All jail house style.


My retired resin shoes, I figured I would screw them to the wall.... why not right?



Here is a pic of John Smith, the guy getting the greg noll themed board. Here he is in the latest Surfers Journal getting shacked at China Walls.


-nick