Monday, March 12, 2012

Slow Sundays

I spent a nice rainy sunday doing the afterwork on the lam jobs. Its amazing how the boards transform throughout the process. Its always fun to see what happens. I Re did a few art pieces that I wasn't totally happy with. Resin is a great medium because you can keep reworking a piece and it just adds more layers and depth.
-n




Here are some pics Matt took yesterday.




Here I am sanding off a doodle I did on one of the resin pieces. This piece sat around the shop for ages with a Posca drawing of Rainbow bridge in Haleiwa. I thought at the time I might be able to sell something like this. I ended up getting over the idea, sanding it, and adding another sequence of colors.



Here I am mixing up some black. Its always best to mix your own colors.


Here is Greg's board from the Big Island.


I love the colors on this board. I did a board for myself a few years ago with the green, black and yellow. We called it the "Creature" theme because it's the colors of the Creature Skateboards decks.




Glassing Gregs Mini Simmions.


What looks like water colors is the left over Acetone in some of the brushes. When using a lot of pigments the acetone gets real contaminated and turns a colors. Here I kept making lines on the wall, then taged it. When and doubt put it on the wall.