Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where to start...

Knew you'd like that. The crew over at Hotline used our boards in a recent photo shoot, and we got dibs on the pics... figured it would be worth a share. 
Then there's this guy. My good friend/sporadic team rider/R&D expert Tanner Beckett showed some real initiative and showed up at my door with his very first hand shape. Not too shabby either. We got it all squared away and got it going in the lam room. I've been telling this guy to try shaping for over a decade now... I figure when he gets to about board 10 or so I'll start hitting him up for a "Bro deal" ...what goes around comes around!
This last weekend was lining up to be a reallly good one...
Somehow though, I woke up Saturday morning to this. Brutal when you consider that there was only 5 people really involved. 
Somehow I managed to drag my ass over to the shop though. I look like I'm gunna throw up in this picture. Either that or fall over on the board. Nothing like foam dust to really kick a solid hangover in the ass. 
Some cool boards finishing up though. Here's a fuller template shortboard with a bit flatter rocker for my favorite lanky tall guy Paulie 
A Midrange with a nice 50/50 split red resin tint for Ben up in SF.
Another Midrange, this time as a clear sanded finish. Showing the bottom on this one so you can see the 2+1 fin setup. This one is for Tim
And a custom copy for Robin, it was originally an old Tudor. Looks better with a couple birds on it. 
And last but not least, Here's a sneak preview of the board I'm doing for the Logjam It's a local old logging contest, it'll be in the raffle. -Carl