Friday, January 20, 2012

Headcolds, handles and hang tens

Man I finally caught the headcold that's been going around lately. They say the average adult gets 2-3 a year, so I guess it was gunna happen sooner or later. I mentioned that it was slowing me down to Welzie today... he told me to take a tablespoon of cement to "harden up." Couldn't help but laugh at that one. Stayed out of the shaping room today, something about all that dust floating around is really unappealing when your sick. Gotta get well fast, heading over to Hawaii on monday. I did fabricate a new handle for my rebuild on my soon-to-be hawaii planer. I love metal fabrication, it comes in a close second to working on surfboards in my book. :) 
A little grinder action... not smart to do one handed while taking pictures...
 Here's all the pieces cut, bent, ground, and ready to be welded.
 Weldy weldy
 A little flat black paint makes everything rad
 Vintage Clark foam planer... I wonder if it's worth anything on ebay...
 I randomly stumbled across one of Waylon's Thick foiled fins while tinkering around in the garage... probably an inch thick. I think I was supposed to fix this thing for him or something...
 Sweet template! Reminds me of an Orca.
 Planer's starting to take shape. Maybe I should paint the body on this one...
Speaking  of Waylon, here's a great picture of his 220lb frame defying all odds at Malibu. Legend
 Here's one of Welzie. Liability <(") Carl